Thursday, April 14, 2011

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly.




Oh internet, you are such a distraction. 
But such an inspiration.

The simple act of opening my Facebook homepage never fails to break my heart these days. Befriending a whole range of fashion blogs, boutiques and designer labels, it transpires, was a terrible idea. Now, not only is Facebook as terrible a procrastination device as ever, but a constant reminder of how many beautiful clothes exist in this world. Clothes that I will never be able to afford. Wandering home from class I waste hours meandering in and out of Good as Gold, Area 51, and all the vintage shops on upper Cuba, starry eyed and virtually drooling.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE op-shopping. I do my best to rifle through the bargain bins and those rare little dusty suburban stores where you can pick up pieces for just a couple of dollars. I miss these days before second-hand became 'vintage.' When op-shops were what they should be, instead of overpriced hipster haunts. But, every now and again you come across that designer, one-off, dazzlingly beautiful piece that it's totally justified to splurge on or lust over.
Not only are the clothes amazing, but the photo-shots are often so creative. The fashion world is simply a wealth of artistic inspiration.

Like Lindsey Thornburg's Fall collection (above and below). Utterly drool-worthy.









No comments:

Post a Comment